Our customers can also take advantage of the expertise of our independent surveyors and loss control experts who specialize in Yachts, Hull & Machinery, P&I, infrastructure projects, cargo, towing, heavy lift, logistics and warehousing.
When focused on cargo, Marine Loss Control works to identify, analyze and control risk within the transportation environment. Knowledge and understanding of the multiple exposures experienced by cargo throughout the transit chain is converted into effective practical measures to reduce exposure to risk and to positively impact the operational business.
Loss control services works to mitigate the consequential impact of a loss that is, in most cases, much greater that the amount recovered under the insurance policy. When using cargo as an example, we can identify financial and operational impacts.
- Financial impact: Loss of market, loss of sales, interruption to cash flow, potential increase in insurance premium, increased administrative costs
- Operational impact: Interruption to supply chain, damage to reputation (with customers and within the industry), tension in relationships with customers and suppliers, personnel frustration and loss of morale, loss of brand image
We adjust to our customers’ businesses, their operating procedures, their tools, their providers, the general circumstances that will define the risk. Normally we find ourselves performing our job utilizing a structure divided in various phases:
- Claims history analysis
- Development of a program
- Selected locations/risks to be visited
- Definition of solutions and recommendations
- Program Implementation - Phase I
- Implementation of recommendations
- Evaluate effectiveness
- Revise Recommendations
- Program Implementation - Phase II
- Implementation of revised recommendations
- Continuing monitoring of claims